- Toxin-Free Resources
Are you looking for some last minute toxin-free gifts that won’t break the bank?? I’ve got you covered!
I know Chanukah is well underway and Christmas is only a few days away, but if you’re looking for a few more last minute gifts OR maybe a hostess gift or two OR just some great stocking stuffers – I’ve got some ideas I’d love to share! I know this is totally last minute but I thought I’d share some of the toxin-free gifts I’m giving this year as well as some I’d love to get or think others might also love. This way you can give a great gift AND help your family and friends live healthier while spreading the message of toxin-free living!!
And even if one of these ideas or items don’t strike you as the perfect fit for someone in your life (hopefully you will though!), perhaps they will give you some gift-giving inspiration to make your last minute holiday shopping a joyful experience knowing that you’re sharing a toxin-free lifestyle!
So let the toxin-free gift giving begin! (PS – If you prefer to do your shopping online or just want to see a picture, I’ve included lots of links to the products on Amazon but most all of these are available at other places online (if you don’t know about it – Vitacost is another great discount online retailer)) as well as your local stores.)
- Toxin-Free Immune Boosting Gift Basket
With cold and flu season underway, this is one I’m very excited about and would love to get myself. I am a big fan of taking echinacea (root) as soon as I feel a sore throat or cold coming on and it has worked for me for the last five years! (Knock on wood :-)). For this holiday I got my parents their own supply of echinacea and other immune-boosting supplements. You can make an “immune boosting” gift basket for your loved ones very simply — I’ve included some suggestions below — just pop on over to Amazon or your local Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods, etc. and buy your selected immune boosters, throw a bunch of immune-boosting goodies into a gift bag or cute wicker basket and tie it all up with a bow!
Suggestions for Immune-Boosting Goodies:
- Echinacea (I like Gaia Herbs Echinacea Supreme which has organic ingredients)
- Elderberry (another great immune booster – I also like Gaia Herbs elderberry)
- Organic Herbal Teas for immunity — Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat with echinacea, Traditional Medicinals Gypsy Cold Care, Choice brand Throat Cozy and Yogi brand Immune Support tea with echinacea are great options made with almost all organic ingredients (and you can find these at most any Whole Foods or other health foods store). Organic ginger or peppermint teas are also great OR pick up a little ginger root from your local market (organic preferably) and include a little card with personalized instructions. (“Make some ginger tea by steeping 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger in 1 cup of boiling water for ten minutes. Cover while steeping then add lemon and stevia/honey to taste. Drink hot, up to 4 cups daily.”)
- Probiotics (shown to help improve immunity and prevent infection) – here are two brands that I like Dr. Ohirra’s and Garden of Life Primal Defense Ultra and you can also find them at your local Whole Foods, Vitamin Shoppe etc.
- All-natural hand sanitizer (Cleanwell hand sanitizer is alcohol-free and made with thyme oil, Thieves waterless hand purifier and wipes are made with 100% organic essential oils, and EO lavender hand sanitizer gel made with organic lavender oil, organic alcohol and organic jojoba oil are great ones made with non-toxic ingredients (NO toxic triclosan!)
- Zinc lozenges (Zand Elderberry lozenges with zinc are a good choice because they don’t contain artificial sweeteners)
- Vitamin C (Maybe throw an organic orange or two in the bag/basket if you don’t want to buy a Vitamin C supplement… but if you do, Pure Radiance is a good brand – it is made from organic and wild berries with no added chemicals or fillers).
- Natural Hangover Remedies Gift Basket – Help the ones you love get rid of those toxins! (*Please note this is not an endorsement of drinking this holiday season – just meant to help the ones you love feel a little less Grinch-y if they do!! :-))
This one is definitely NOT intended to be a promotion of drinking, but with the holiday season upon us, it is likely that many will partake in alcoholic beverages… Soooo, since alcohol does take a toll on the liver (and various other bodily organs) as the body tries to get rid of it, it is important to help the body in that detoxification process (and will likely make you feel better the next day! :-)). Below are the natural hangover remedies I included in the gift basket I made for my brother this year (hope he doesn’t mind that I’m sharing that! And this won’t ruin any surprises because I am not good at keeping secrets – especially when I’m excited about a gift — and already told him what he’s getting. :-)). I also included an instruction sheet on how to use each product. (I don’t want to be providing any seemingly medical advice so I’m not including that here, but definitely contact me if you’re interested in the instruction sheet I made for him and I’ll send it right over to you!). I’ve researched these products below and read other people’s reviews, but since I haven’t given my brother this gift yet I’m sorry I don’t have his “official reviews” to be able to tell you if they worked for him.)
- PreToxx – to help prevent hangover symptoms and provide additional support for with liver detox – contains natural ingredients including prickly pear and milk thistle as well as an electrolyte blend and other liver-supporting vitamins (and you can also just take it daily as a liver detox supplement even without drinking!).
- Phenocane natural pain management tablets made with curcumin and natural enzymes.
- Hangover Gone – sounds cheesy but supposedly works – made from amino acids, a blend of herbs and vitamins and some glucose – they have “shots” in little bottles and capsules.
- Electrolyte tablets or coconut water to replenish those electrolytes after some possible dehydration — U Natural has two flavors (Tangerine Ginger and Gogi Berry Green Tea) and GU Energy Labs has five flavors including Peach Tea, Orange, Lemon Lime, Strawberry Lemonade, Tri Berry and Pink Grapefruit and both brands are free of sugar and the icky artificial sweeteners aspartame and sucralose).
- Toxin-Free Beauty Products and Gift Basket
I am also very keen on finding and using beauty and skincare products that don’t contain toxic chemicals. I am a big fan of the brand 100% Pure for my own skincare and makeup needs and want my family and friends to have toxin-free products as well!
This holiday I purchased my mom some 100% Pure Mascara (and got one for myself as well :-)). (You can order 100% Pure online at Amazon and other health websites, but if you order from the 100% Pure site they always send great free samples!! This last time I even got a huge full-size 8 oz bottle of their eucalyptus nourishing body cream as a free “sample”).
Other ideas to throw in your goodie bag or basket?
Hop on over to your local Whole Foods or jump on Amazon and find these items:
- Aztec Secret Healing Clay – Any friends that love natural skincare? This is a great gift and will last them a long time. Hey, if it was good enough for Cleopatra (who used clay from the Nile as part of her beauty rutine) then it’s good enough for me! Plus this clay is totally 100% pure – JUST NATURAL BENTONITE CLAY with no fragrances or additives and makes a great face mask!
- Skin/body brush (with natural bristles) for dry brushing — I love my skin brush and use it every morning when I get up! It’s supposedly a great detox tool but it feels really great too. There are TONS of options online and sold at most any grocery or drugstore.
- Badger Balm is a great choice for organic hand creams for those dry winter hands – they have lots of options but I like the unscented version. It’s just 100% pure olive oil and beeswax – that’s it!
- AND for the men in your life – what about some Dr. Bronner’s Organic Shaving Gel — Most shaving gels are full of toxic chemicals — protect your friends and family by giving them this great toxin-free option! (And it comes in an unscented version as well as spearmint/peppermint, lemongrass lime, lavender and tea tree options).
- Toxin-Free Kitchen Gifts and Gift Basket
I have written before about the importance of avoiding BPA/phtalates and those plastic water bottles and food containers, so why not get some great plastic-free alternatives for family and friends and protect their health too!?
- Glass or stainless steel water bottles are a great alternative to plastic! Life Factory Glass Water Bottle – This is my favorite glass bottle (when I’m not refilling my Kevita glass bottles :-)). They’re made of glass and medical-grade silicone and come in lots of great colors!
- Klean Kanteen is another great brand – I personally don’t have one but know that they are very popular and have heard they are great (and plan to add that to my Amazon wish list!). The Klean Kanteen line is made with food grade stainless steel, is BPA and phthalate free and has no lead or other toxins that can leach into metals.
- Glass tupperware — may sound silly but a WONDERFULLY useful gift!! You can fill one or two glass containers with a healthy holiday treat and tie it up with a ribbon! (OR fill a glass mason jar with some healthy goodies — sugar free superfood trail mix perhaps? Just throw in with some organic gogi berries, organic dried mulberries, unsweetened cacao nibs and some raw sprouted nuts and seeds and voila!)
- Stainless Steel Straws: I don’t have one of these but think they look fabulous and fun. They are environmentally friendly (none of that plastic!) and reusable!
- Essential Oils
Essential oils make great stocking stuffers or hostess gifts – you can buy one or a few or put together a little gift set. Essential oils are great for natural skincare, cleaning, fragrance and aromatherapy and so much more! I really like the Young Living brand of essential oils since they are 100% pure and organic with no added chemicals, and they have a “Christmas Spirit” scent that I got for my mom and as a gift for a family friend (along with a cute stuffed animal ornament that I found at CVS that had the perfect size carrying case!). This Christmas Spirit and other essential oils can be used to make your home smell delightful during the holidays WITHOUT the toxins in synthetic air fresheners!
- New baby or children in town?
I don’t have children myself but LOTS of my friends have babies on the way or have newborns or toddlers, and it’s SO important that children are exposed to as few toxins as possible!! (Their little systems get hit harder than ours from those xenobiotics!)
So, I was so excited when I saw these:
- Life Factory makes Non-Toxic glass baby bottles and sippy cups! (A little version of the adult glass water bottle! :-)) They are BPA-free and phthalate-free.
For the toddlers, I know that when I was little I LOVED to draw and paint (well, I still do :-)) and these make great gifts for both girls and boys so that they can enjoy their arts and crafts without absorbing any toxins.
- Beeswax crayons (safe and fun!)
- All-natural Paints by Glob (made from fruits, vegetables, flowers and spices)
I hope some of these gift ideas were helpful and I’d love to hear yours, so please share!
Wishing you a toxin-free and healthy holiday!
No related posts.
Enter your email below for a Free Copy of Detox Your Daily Life Ebook!
I'm Stephanie and I'm on a mission to spread awareness about health-harming toxins in our daily lives and easy ways to reduce them. I believe that healthy living doesn't have to be hard and that we can all take simple steps to create healthier lives for ourselves, our families and future generations. If you're seeking simple solutions for toxin-free and natural living in the modern world, then you’re in the right place!
Recent Topicsallergens allergies antacids arsenic aspartame azodicarbonamide BPA Campaign for Safe Cosmetics cancer chemicals chemicals in foods chemicals to avoid corn cosmetics endocrine disruptor Environmental Working Group essential oils FDA Food food labeling food labels food supply fragrance genetically modified food GMO GMOs hormones ingredients labels lead musk natural natural skin care Neurotoxins nutrition organic perfume pesticides phthalates plastics skin care soy stevia toxins vitamin B12 deficiency